by Maria Tarnev-Wydro, HD from Essona Organics.
Have you tried all kinds of skin whitening creams and still don’t see any results? Are you tired of spending loads of money on ineffective skin lightening treatments at beauty salons? Then stop and try a more effective, affordable and long-lasting solution to fair skin. Following are some simple home-made recipes from everyday ingredients to get a fairer and healthier skin naturally.
1. Oranges naturally contain high quantities of Vitamin C and are very effective as a skin lightening agent. Take a teaspoon of orange juice and a pinch of turmeric. Mix them thoroughly to have a paste-like consistency and apply on your skin. You should leave this overnight and wash it off with water the next morning.
2. Mix yoghurt with dried and powdered orange peel to make a paste and then apply it to your face and neck. Wash off this pack after it has dried. Yoghurt tends to leave a distinct odor and it is advisable to rinse properly and take a shower after.
3. Take a tablespoon of milk and lemon juice, and add to it a teaspoon of honey. Apply this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off. Lemon is very effective in getting rid of pigmentation and age spots, while honey moisturizes the skin.
4. Take a tablespoon of oatmeal and equal quantity of milk to make a paste and apply on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off. This pack will remove dead cells and help in brightening your skin.
5. Take one third of a banana and mix about one tablespoon of milk to it. Wait for 15 minutes after applying the pack, and then wash it off to have a fairer and hydrated skin.
6. Add two tablespoons of milk to equal quantity of papaya pulp to make a paste. This should be washed off, once the pack dries. This mask will rejuvenate your skin, brighten it and make it lighter in color.
7. Mix a tablespoon of gram flour with rose water in order to make a thick paste. This paste can also be made with water. In addition to its whitening properties, gram flour also leads to reduction of excess oil in the skin.
8. Aloe Vera is known to tackle pigmentation and help with age spots while making the skin lighter in color. Once you cut through the outer layer of the leaf, a gel-like substance can be extracted. It can be directly applied and kept on for 30 minutes before washing it off with water.
9. A concoction of lemon juice, rose water and glycerin can be stored and applied every night before sleeping. It helps in lightening the skin, reducing pigmentation and also makes your skin supple.
10. Equal parts of lemon juice, cucumber juice and rose water should be applied for about 20 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. It is known to aid whitening as well as brightening of the skin and is a good remedy to protect the skin from summer heat.
11. A pack made of egg yolk, curd, rose water and barley flour is a sure-shot skin whitening formula. It should be applied for 20 minutes and only cold water should be used to rinse it off.
12. Applying tomato juice or pulp is also a popular whitening formula. It especially works very well for oily skin.
13. Honey and again tomato juice make for an amazing combination for both brightening and whitening the skin too.
14. Add three to four strands of saffron to about 5 tablespoons of milk. This is an age-old fairness formula that is simple and hassle free. Make sure you add saffron to warm milk for it to release its color.
15. Almond oil and olive oil mixed with a few strands of saffron yield a soft and fair skin, when used regularly.
16. Boil some mint leaves, lavender and chamomile in two cups of water. The steam coming out of this preparation will help open up pores, lighten the skin color and reduce age spots.
17. A tablespoon of juice of potato and a tablespoon of lemon juice, when applied to the face, will help in brightening up your face with clear and fair skin.
18. Take a tablespoon of sandalwood powder and enough milk to make a face-pack like consistency. This mixture, when applied to the skin, leads to a reduction in pigmentation and also a lighter complexion.
19. Mix together one tablespoon each of carrot and orange juice. Then add to it a tablespoon of almond powder or two almonds to make a pack. This is a potent recipe for skin whitening and reducing pigmentation.
20. Make a solution of equal parts of orange juice, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Apply this blend regularly to get a fairer skin with lesser age spots. You should be able to see visible results within weeks.
21. Apply a mixture of horseradish pulp or juice with milk for 20-30 minutes. The antioxidants in the recipe will help reduce pigmentation and make the skin fairer within a matter of days.
22. Take a tablespoon of vinegar and add it to an equal quantity of olive oil. This preparation should be applied to your skin for half an hour and rinsed off with water. This is a very effective remedy for rescuing your skin from age spots and pigmentation.
23. Prepare a blend of equal parts of tomato juice and buttermilk and apply it to the pigmented area. If applied regularly, this treatment is effective in whitening the skin and reducing blemishes.
24. Take a tablespoon of walnut powder and add to it same quantity of lemon and honey. This pack not only helps in exfoliation but also hydrates and whitens the skin.
25. Make a mixture of a tablespoon of cucumber pulp and curd. Apply and leave it on your face and neck for 20-25 minutes. Not only does it have a cooling effect, the recipe also helps in brightening the skin and lending it a youthful glow.
These home remedies are just sitting in your kitchen cabinet waiting to be discovered. These will help in skin whitening while making the skin soft and supple. Most importantly, unlike their synthetic counterparts, they do not come with any side-effects and also help in achieving long lasting results.